Hi,

   AFAIK, if this is not modified by a patch (which i really don't know),
the queue retry schedule is not configurable and it's quadratic.

   It tries to send the message less and less often until it reaches
queuelifetime, then it's tried to be delivered again and generates a bounce
if this delivery attempt fails.

   The retry schedule is explained here:

   http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html#retry-schedule

   For example, for my 1-day queuelifetime (86400) qmail, it will try 16
(when message arrives, @6 minutes, @26 minutes, etc etc) times until it
gives up.

   I really don't know what does a HUP on qmail-send (that qmailsend
doqueue), but i think it tries to deliver all the messages in the queue now.
Not sure.

Best regards list,

---
David Sanchez Martin