Josh Hopkins wrote:

The domain I am trying to send from is joshopkins.com. The domain that is local on the toaster is fragrack.net.

*From:* Jake Vickers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Sent:* Monday, December 08, 2008 9:52 AM
*To:* qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
*Subject:* Re: [qmailtoaster] chkuser 5.1.1 error

Josh Hopkins wrote:

When I set the client whether it is outlook, thunderbird, or on mobile devices it connects and authorizes the users (or looks like it does) and then I get an error when sending saying "5.1.1 sorry, can't find valid MX record for sender domain (#5.1.1 - chkuser). When checking DNS on the toaster it resolves both MX records back to itself which is correct.

Check the client configs (unless I'm not following what your problem is....). I obviously have no real email addresses to use as a check, but telnet seemed to go okay:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ telnet 209.41.88.234 25
Trying 209.41.88.234...
Connected to 209.41.88.234.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mx01.pd360.com - Welcome to School Improvement Network SMTP Gateway ESMTP
helo mydesk.com
250 mx01.pd360.com - Welcome to School Improvement Network SMTP Gateway
MAIL FROM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
250 ok
RCPT TO: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
511 sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1 - chkuser)
quit
221 mx01.pd360.com - Welcome to School Improvement Network SMTP Gateway
Connection closed by foreign host.

Are you testing from within the same network, or outside?