On Sunday 08 March 2009 01:24:49 dnk wrote:
> I am just curious how others are dealing with other systems that they
> control sending emails from various cron jobs to valid user accounts
> on their toaster.
>
> Obviously when an email is sent from a system, and the replyto is
> something like r...@host - it will bounce.

Simply set the host to send mail from existing domain.
So the sender will be r...@yourdomain.com, and it is not bounced.

In qmail, set /var/qmail/control/plusdomain
In postfix, set /etc/postfix/main.cf
and so on.

On Sunday 08 March 2009 01:46:37 dnk wrote:
> What if you are sending an email from a system that is not on a qmail
> machine?

Same problem, same effort, same solution :)
Simply set the host to send mail from existing domain.