PakOgah wrote:
Eric Shubert wrote:
PakOgah wrote:
Eric Shubert wrote:
I've managed to get Mailman list server running on my QMT, and written up the procedure at http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Mailman.

If anyone's interested in trying it out, please give it a go. I think the instructions are pretty complete, but it'd be nice to have a few folks try it out before we endeavor to create a formal mailman-toaster package (which we'd like to do).

And for you ezmlm users out there, I hope that someone will figure out an easy way to migrate lists from ezmlm to Mailman. I haven't looked into that at all, and don't need to either as I have no ezmlm lists.

NJoy!
Hi Eric,
can you tell me what is the benefits and Pro/contra using Mailman over ezmlm, and if mailman-toaster available, does ezmlm-toaster will be dropped ?

Good questions.

Generally speaking, I think that Mailman is more robust than ezmlm. It has an extensive web based user and management interface, so it's easier to use and manage. There also are also lots of options, so it can be tailored to just about any application environment.

I'm not aware of any advantages of ezmlm over Mailman, except that it's easier to set up in a qmail environment, which is not so much the case any more. ;)

Should mailman-toaster become available, I would expect it to coexist with ezmlm-toaster for quite some time. I don't expect ezmlm-toaster would be dropped until some point when no one's using it any more. That decision would be up to the development team. That being said, I would encourage the migration to Mailman from ezmlm, because I expect it to have a longer lifetime. There has been no development done on ezmlm for quite some time, which shows in its lack of user friendliness.

Thank you, I just thought another 2 questions
1. if mailman available, does qmailadmin able to create a mailman milis from it's interface ?

Not from qmailadmin, but Mailman has a complete set of web pages for administration (list creation/configuration) as well as user (subscription configuration) functions. I suppose that if/when there's a mailman-toaster package, that there should be a link to the mailman admin page from qmailadmin. As is, it's easy enough to just key in the URL: http://lists.mydomain.com/mailman/admin.

2. I am looking to delete inactive mailinglist, (milist that no longer being used should be removed) with ezmlm, if it can be done with mailman, I wont mind training the users again

I'm not sure what you're asking here. Mailman does have a MassAdd capability for the administrator to subscribe list members. It's easy to use. You can enter the addresses in a web page, or the web page can specify a file containing the addresses.