Dave Hallowell wrote:

Jake Vickers wrote:
Dave Hallowell wrote:
Jake,
.rpm
I am following the Installing EMPF patch on the qmail wiki. I patched the spec file (step 4) manually like you suggested. I got the errors when performing step 5 - rebuild your qmail-toaster
rpmbuild -bb --rebuild --with 'cnt40' qmail-toaster.spec
Thanks,
Dave

Try:
rpmbuild -bs qmail-toaster.spec
Then:
rpmbuild --rebuild --with cnt40 /usr/src/redhat/SRPMS/qmail-toaster*

The build environment is set up for CentOS 5, so if you're using 4 you may edit the spec file again and under %default remove the version specifications for the offending libraries. I do not think this will affect the system in a negative manner.

Jake,
That worked. Just to reiterate what I did
.
1. I downloaded and installed the qmail-toaster src.rpm like this
rpm -ivh
http://www.qmailtoaster.org/download/stable/qmail-toaster-1.03-1.3.16.src.rpm

2. Then I got my empF patch from here.
wget
http://www.mail-archive.com/qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com/msg14117/1.3.15.tar.bz2

3. Ran the rpmbuild -bs qmail-toaster.spec
This created a source rpm in the SRPMS director and created a spec file for me to apply the patch changes to manually and edit the %default section - removing the version specifications for openssl-devel and krb5-devel.

Glad to hear it worked. Now that you have the spec file patched, you can create a new patch for others so they do not have to go through the same process. Move the patched spec file to a new name, and then install the .src.rpm again. Then from the SOURCES dir run: diff -Naur qmail-toaster.spec modified-qmail-toaster.spec >> empF-1.3.16.patch That will give you a patch (empF-1.3.16.patch) that will apply cleanly to the new version of qmail-toaster. Post it back so others can obtain it, and update the wiki. You're now an official contributor!