Jake Vickers wrote:
Eric Shubert wrote:

Why is it that empF is not included in the stock toaster? Seems like a nice feature to me.

Because Erik froze development on the 1.3 branch almost 2 years ago to make time for the new version. I've been holding with this and concentrating on the 2.0 branch - once the 2.0 branch is at least semi-stable I plan to come back and "freshen" the 1.3 branch and may consider putting the patch in if it's one of those patches that requires no configuration to *not* use it (ie: you have to do something to turn it on). I'd also like to hear more people asking for it before I commit to adding it - I believe we've had 4 people ask for it in the last couple years.

        For additional commands, e-mail: testing-h...@qmailtoaster.com

Jake,
empF needs a file in /var/qmail/control named "policy" with contents (the policies) in order for it to be active. (You probably are aware of this.) I have tested to see if qmail works when the "policy" file is missing and /or empty. It works in both cases. So in order to "turn it on", you need to have a policy set inside the file. I am not an expert on empF, but I do use it.

I think if more people were aware of empF they would use it. To be honest, I had a difficult time finding it. It was worth the effort, it does exactly what I need it to do. Limit email addresses that users can send and receive email to/from.

Dave