Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH wrote:
Hi!

As I had the same issue on opensuse, I had a look at the spec (a modified one I'm using on OBS). The following section in the spec-file fixes the problem:

%pre
if [ -d "%{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}/ReleaseNotes" ] ; then
    rm -rf "%{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}/ReleaseNotes"
fi

The problem is, that in versions before the current release notes were shift into the "ReleaseNotes" diectory; in the new version, the files go to another directory while "ReleaseNotes" is a text file. When the RPM-installer tries to rename the unpacked, temporary file to it's real name the error occures.

That's close to the fix I wrote in the new spec file, but I have not been able to reproduce the issue in Fedora or CentOS. For some reason I cannot get OpenSuse 11 to run under VMWare at all so I have been unable to test that distro. I'll work some more this week and try to see if my fix works. I've got a busy week so I can't say when I'll get to testing the fix.
Thanks for the note.