On Jul 8, 2009, at 10:07 AM, Mahesh Bhat wrote:

“Transaction Time delay” Thanks for the quick reply… do you thing this is a problem with RBL’s because.. my mail server accepts the mails but takes a lot time in checking if that mail is spam or not.

do not ask Constantin to guess; test your RBLs yourself. your RBLs live in /var/qmail/control/blacklists. for each of the blacklists you use, try a test lookup against it and see how long it takes to respond.

each RBL has a test address; if it is working properly, it must respond to a request for that address. this is documented here, in section 5:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08

you can use the 'dig' command to test a RBL; 'man dig' to find out how to use it.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v
http://five.sentenc.es