Good idea.

What distro/ver and MTA are you running on the external host?

Phil Leinhauser wrote:
I suspect it's some RDNS or MX that's getting you. You might try a telnet mail from that server or even a regular mail client. It may reveal the problem quickly. Use the same addresses th perl uses.

From: Jim Shupert <jshup...@pps-inc.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:11 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com <qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com>
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Is it getting Blocked?

I am not even sure how to ask this question... but here goes.

I have a server that is outside my domain , outside my netwrok that i am running a perl script on to monitor my websites -- from the outside.

ok the perl works - but it is to send an email to me -- inside my network

the emails come from r...@taster.local. I suspect that qmail is rejecting the mail.

where in the logs might i see that? what log - and in var\log\qmail\--smtp or what?

and if I find it being -rejected- if that is the right way to say it...
can i white list anything from "   r...@taster.local   "

thanks!

js