Jim Shupert wrote:
Friends,

here is the result of a qmlog smtp -t 100 ( i sifted through that for a reference to the 'other' machine )

09-02 12:35:46 CHKUSER rejected sender: from <r...@taster.local::> remote <mail-out2.fuse.net:unknown:
216.68.8.171> rcpt <> : invalid sender MX domain
09-02 12:35:58 CHKUSER rejected sender: from <r...@taster.local::> remote <mail-out2.fuse.net:unknown:
216.68.8.171> rcpt <> : invalid sender MX domain

so my Q might be ::: can I make CHKUSER allow the sender of r...@taster.local. maybe if I recompile CHKUSER ( i am thinking much like I recompiled it to allow blackberriness (\) )

might that work? -- do you think? and what would i 'say' when i recompile chckuser?

You are correct there. chkuser has an option to check for the sending domain's MX record and deny if the sending domain does not have an MX record. Seems logical since if there is an error you need somewhere to send that error message to and if there is no MX record there is nowhere to send it (also acts as a spam check). You can go in and recompile chkuser to turn this option off (*CHKUSER_RCPT_MX*) by undefining it. It is undefined in later versions of chkuser but I plan to leave it on when I update chkuser - it makes more sense to keep it because of what it does rather than remove it and force 98% of our users to then turn it back on. You may also be able to turn it off in your tcp.smtp file for specific IP addresses, much like SENDER_NOCHECK, but I have not tried this and no one else has posted back as to the validity of this.
You can also add that domain to your DNS so it does have a valid MX record.

Hope that helps some.