Maxwell Smart wrote:
I moved the DNS entries as suggested. This did not work. With 127.0.0.1 first on the list it failed.

Then your caching nameserver isn't working. Did you install bind or djbdns?

I don't have the error message, but I put it back and it worked. I will put only my ISP's DNS entries in and see what happens.

That should work, but a caching DNS server on your toaster would be best.

[r...@laetitia ~]# cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 206.13.30.12
nameserver 206.13.28.12
nameserver 127.0.0.1
; generated by /sbin/dhclient-script
[r...@laetitia ~]#

I have been playing with Spamdyke, but it seems to put an incredible load on the server. I removed it and the load dropped. I don't get that much spam anyways since the Spamassassin seems to work very well.

Then you definitely have a DNS problem. spamdyke does quite a bit of DNS querying. Once you fix DNS, spamdyke will most certainly reduce the overall load.

I only have spamhaus in my blacklist file.

That's why your DNS problem isn't hurting you very badly. Sounds to me like your ISP's DNS server(s) aren't quite up to snuff.

Work on getting a caching nameserver working properly on your toaster. That will fix you up permanently. Relying on your ISP's DNS is not a very wise move.