Adam Glass wrote:
Hi all,

I am still trying to solve a QMT problem and have reduced it to the simplest case: I created an account on domain awabllc.com <http://awabllc.com> with the username adamtest (using qmailadmin web interface). Then I tried to log in via Squirrelmail. If the username is adamtest it says ERROR: Unknown user or password incorrect. If the username is adamt...@awabllc.com <mailto:adamt...@awabllc.com> it logs in successfully.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Because this is a virtual domain setup, and is designed to host hundreds (thousands even) of different domains. Two users on different domains with the same name would invariably happen, so the system requires the full email address as the username. Otherwise how would it know that adam from the example.com was logging in when there was another user named adam at the other.com domain? If you are not going to run many domains (read: only one or two) you can configure it to accept short usernames and not full addresses in the Squirrelmail config if I remember right. Look in the mailing list archives - I know this topic came up a year or two ago.