Donald Wheeling wrote:
Hello all. I've been away for quite a while and haven't followed qmailtoaster's progress very closely. I am now getting back into it and I'd like to update a very old qmailtoaster (2004) install but I'm uncertain if the hardware is still supported. I have a ppc that I'd like to reuse for this purpose but, after a couple of days, I can't find anything that says it is still supported. In the past I remember I used to pass redhat arguments to the rpms during install but with the new OS advancements ppc support may be just a memory. Machine specs are below:

Machine - PPC power tower pro
OS - yellow dog linux 4.0 (redhat variant)

I did find one reference to ppc in the mailing lists but it was vague. It might have been a reference to a client not the server. Any suggestions are of course welcomed.

Welcome back!
The build flags you used then will still work today. You will need to use the cnt40 flag for your particular case, since that will be CentOS 4 which is (almost) the same as Yellow Dog 4 (if I remember correctly), or you can use rht90 which will compile for generic Redhat 9.0.

I unfortunately do not have any PPC hardware (nor even a copy of YD4!) to test on, so please post back here on any updates/progress you make.