Aleksander Podsiadly wrote:
W dniu 30.10.2009 17:42, Eric Shubert pisze:
Thanks, Aleksander.

I wonder if there isn't some way to specify a variable of some sort in the dovecot.conf file that will pick up the difference between 32 and 64 bit environments. How are other packages handling this? We typically don't/shouldn't need to change a configuration file for different processors. Or do we?

I found that dovecot-example.conf is simply moved to binary package as dovecot.conf. The problem is with /usr/lib directory. Architecture x86_64 use /usr/lib64 directory for libraries. In this case thare is only one line to change. There is no problem to check architecture in spec file and apply one of 2 patches on dovecot-example.conf. :-)
My simple patch shows only what to change.

Thanks Aleksander. I think I can handle it now.