Eric Shubert wrote:
Jake Vickers wrote:
Eric Shubert wrote:
Thanks, Aleksander.

I wonder if there isn't some way to specify a variable of some sort in the dovecot.conf file that will pick up the difference between 32 and 64 bit environments. How are other packages handling this? We typically don't/shouldn't need to change a configuration file for different processors. Or do we?

The other QMT packages look at the build flags, and change options during compilation when the flag matches a x86_64 arch. In the case of the softlimits (similar to your config file change), the same softlimits are written for everything, but if a x86_64 flag is used then a perl replace (maybe sed? - I forget now) changes the softlimit for the x86_64 distros.

Great.

I need to upgrade my dovecot servers to 1.2 sometime soon. Should I make a dovecot-toaster package (source and binaries) and put it in the qtp repo?

Sure. The final Dovecot RPM for v2 will probably be something close to what you have in mind, but care should be taken in the config file to help align it with the v2 rollout in the future (can't say when that will be, however). Basically: "don't do anything funny that will require any configuration on the client side to comply".