Thanks for the accolates, Dave. Would you care to add that to the Affirmations section on the wiki? Who knows, if we get enough of them we can put them all on a separate page!

Same goes for all of you other QMT aficionados. ;)

d...@acbsco.com wrote:
I agree that Joomla has become a royal pain.  Especially since there is
no upgrade path from Joomla 1.0 to Joomla 1.5.  Since we have to
manually migrate anyway, we are going with Drupal.
FWIW, I could use M$ Exchange, but I think qmail-toaster is far
superior.  Just because its costs more doesn't make it better. Thanks
Jake, Eric and the qmail-toaster list! Dave

sysadmin wrote:
Warning Will Robinson,
****DO NOT Use Joomla ****

This has been a pain in my A** for years, only because my bosses are
to cheap to get commercial software.
madmac

Jake Vickers wrote:
Nigel Reed wrote:
This is a good question for anyone who likes a brain teaser.

Current situation: I'm using a template driven website that many
other clubs use. My site looks like everyone elses. We add members
and their email addresses, then we can send an email to
c...@myclubssite.com and it'll go to the members. Only people whose
email addresses are registered can sent.

Now, I am moving to Joomla, and I would like a similar setup, I will move the domain over, but I have no idea how I can interface
Joomla with Qmail. My first instinct is to do an SQL query and
select the email addresses from the Jooma database into the qmail
aliases database. This wouldn't stop others from sending email to
that alias.

I'm open to ideas and suggestions.
Not sure about Joomla, but with Drupal (what I use for the video
magazine site) there is a ezmlm module that allows users to
check/uncheck what mailing lists I make available to them. I'm sure
there would be something similar for Joomla.

   Vickers Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and
installations.
    For additional commands, e-mail:
qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com