Jake Vickers wrote:
Eric Shubert wrote:
Maloupi wrote:
Hi,

Some of my user are using a blackberry and one of them can't use it because chkuser reject his mails :
invalid sender address format

After looking in the archive of this list, i tried to add CHKUSER_ALLOW_SENDER_CHAR_3="/" in tcp.smtp
and do after qmailctl cdb
but it does not work.
This is my tcp.smtp file :
127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",NOP0FCHECK="1" :allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="10",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",CHKUSER_ALLOW_SENDER_CHAR_3="/",NOP0FCHECK="1"

What's wrong please ?

I'm guessing that since the variable is commented out, it doesn't exist, so cannot be changed (We're not real certain about how chkuser is handling this).

http://qtp.qmailtoaster.com/repos/SRPMS/qmail-toaster-1.03-1.3.20.src.rpm is a version of the package that contains the / character for chkuser. This is the only change in it from the stock package. Download (wget) it into /usr/src/qtp-upgrade/SRPMS/ (don't forget to remove the existing package there first), then run qtp-newmodel and have it rebuild the qmail-toaster package. That'll fix you up.

Jake, please refresh my memory. Why is it that this '/' character hasn't been added to the stock package? It's becoming a real PITA for me as well as others. ;)

It's going to be in the next release. I've patched it in a while back, but have not wanted to make a new release for a minor update. Since I'm working on adding Mandriva 2010 and Fedora 12 support, when that update comes out (soon!) it will include the "/" character. Someone will need to go and edit all the references to changing this to reflect the fact that it's now defaulted.

Sounds good. Please be sure that the change for the new unionfs (from 1.3.18 to 1.3.20) isn't lost. ;)