On 01/28/2010 12:41 PM, karpaha vinayaham wrote:
Hi

Regarding the spam mail generated through a authenticated user, today i have send a test mail and checked with gmail account for spamming, i changed the from address as a...@xyz.com <mailto:a...@xyz.com> and i used the authentication through a valid gmail account x...@gmail.com <mailto:x...@gmail.com>. The beauty is that the FROM address has changed to x...@gmail.com <mailto:x...@gmail.com> instead of a...@xyz.com <mailto:a...@xyz.com> and the message is properly delivered to the mentioned recipient.

NOTE

Eventhough i changed the from address and tried to do spamming, gmail server changes the from address as a authentiacted user email id, so their IP will not be listed in RBL. Is it possible in qmailtoaster to implement like this.
As per Rajesh suggestion, we can limit the number of connections later.

I think, by doing this we can prevent our server IP from rbl list.

Jake and Eric i am looking forward for your comments on this.

No, you cannot do this. I guess you could write a perl script wrapper around the deliver portion of Qmail and rewrite the message, but that's beyond what this project does.