On 02/13/2010 07:35 PM, Scott Hughes wrote:

On Feb 13, 2010, at 6:25 PM, Jake Vickers <j...@qmailtoaster.com <mailto:j...@qmailtoaster.com>> wrote:

On 02/12/2010 03:49 PM, Scott Hughes wrote:
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Jacob Vickers <j...@qmailtoaster.com <mailto:j...@qmailtoaster.com>> wrote:

    > The SPAM folder is only shown if the user is using IMAP or
    webmail.
    > I don't know how or why the SPAM would be reaching them though.
    >
    > On 02/12/2010 10:59 AM, Scott Hughes wrote:
    >> I have configured QMT to utilize spambox. To do this I used
    the QMT
    >> wiki and watched the video.
    >>
    >> My problem is that my users are getting spam (marked as
    ***SPAM***) in
    >> thier Inbox. No folder is being created.
    >>
    >> I have completely stopped, verified full stop and restarted QMT.
    >>
    >> I cannot find anything via wiki/FAQ/google. Any suggestions?

    We need to see a message header to answer this better. The ISO
    you used
    already had the spambox enabled.
    A message is MARKED as spam when it reaches a score of 5.0
    (unless you
    changed this in the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
    <http://local.cf/> file). To get moved
    into the Spam folder, it has to hit a different score (in
    /etc/mail/mailfilter and is 8.0 I believe.....). When a message
    hits that
    score, it will get moved into the Spam folder (if the folder
    does not
    exist, one is created). When a message hits a score of 12.0 or
    more (I
    think 12 is the default, and is defined in the
    /var/qmail/control/simcontrol file, spam_hits) it gets deleted
    and never
    delivered to the user.

    And as Maxwell (real names change to protect the innocent)
    stated, this
    will only be visible if the user is using imap or webmail
    (webmail uses
    imap).

    Hope that helps.

Here is the information: local.cf <http://local.cf> req. score=4 / mailfilter >=4 / spam_hits: 12
Here is a header:

So you're saying it is not putting the messages in the Spam folder after these changes? Did you reload spamd after changing the local.cf? Did you "qmailctl cdb" after changing the simcontrol file? If so and it is still not putting the messages where you expect, I would suspect that it was not compiled with the spambox flag, or the spam detection is turned off for this user. You can see what maildrop is doing when it moves the messages by watching the /var/log/maildrop/maildrop.log file.

Is spam detection that check box at the bottom of each users record? If so, then that would be the problem I suspect. Is there a way to turn this on for everyone at one time?

Thanks!

That would be the problem.
And there is not a way to turn it on for everyone at one time. You'd need to script something to do that, and nobody has done it yet.