Pierre "LiLo" Gaxatte wrote:
Le vendredi 14 mai 2010 à 09:36 -0700, Eric Shubert a écrit :
Hey Pierre. Welcome to the list.

You can use the qmailadmin web app to do this. Simply edit the postmaster account, and in the Routing section select Forward To: and fill in your master postmaster's address.

If you're looking to do this with a script of some sort (you do have quite a few domains), I don't know off hand what happens "under the covers" to make this happen. I think it's probably in the .qmail file for the postmaster. Having a look at the .qmail file before and after making the change in qmailadmin should verify this.

I'm guessing that by the time you figure out how do do this using a script of some sort, you probably could've had it done using qmailadmin.

Please let us know how you decide to tackle this.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

You're right, I would have already done it if I had use qmailadmin, but
it's a bit boring and it won't help me get to know qmail better.

Besides, I'm trying to respect a unix/linux golden rule: "if you have to
do it twice, script it!" :-)

What I will is to do that from qmailadmin for one domain, check out
what .qmail file was generated and adapt this to the other domains. I
know this is something basic and understandind the .qmail file
functioning will allow me to do more complicated things like
automatically sorting spam into the Junk folder without the need to
configure my email client. This would be great for users checking their
mails with POP3 and using the webmail when away from work.

You should look into the "spambox" option. Search the wiki or list archives for it. The spambox option automatically files spam in the junk folder for you. Beware that it doesn't really work with pop3 though, as pop3 only fetches from the inbox. It works fine with webmail though, because that uses imap. I expect that you might want to consider migrating your users over to imap access at some point, as email is much more accessible with imap. Blackberries can use imap with QMT as well.

I'll post back as soon as I find the solution!

Sounds good, Pierre.

Regards,
Pierre