True, and in your case if you're using the http://mail.myserver.com/webmail you shouldn't need to use the ErrorDocumnet hack. Eric Shubes Rewrite rules should work. It shouldn't be troublesome in that scenario since it is in a <Directory> whatchamacallit.

Quoting Eric Shubert <e...@shubes.net>:

Scott Hughes wrote:
I'm using the "SSLRequireSSL / ErrorDocument 406" setup on my system for my regular webmail and the new horde install I have and both are working great.

Scott

That's nice to know, Scott.

I just want to be sure that people realize that the ErrorDocument technique is a bit of a hack, and that the RewriteEngine method is preferred (imho). If you had other web content running on the same server, the ErrorDocument technique could be troublesome. :( If it works for you though and you're happy with it, fine.

Cecil Yother, Jr. "cj"
cj's
2318 Clement Ave
Alameda, CA  94501