All,

I am setting up a new QMT install on a testing box (laptop) to document the process and to become more familiar with the process. I notice that after loading QMTISO5 I am left at the root login prompt with seemingly a lot that is not configured (like host name, tcp.smtp, etc).

My question is this. In order to make these installs as simple as possible, is there a way (if it is not already there) to have a script that prompts the person doing a new setup for all of this information and puts it in the correct files for them?

I'm looking at the following page in the wiki as an example of the things that needs to be set (although some of it is out dated and no longer needed): http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/QMT-ISO_Manual_Guide#Installation

I realize you can't script everything simply because everyone sets their QMT server differently, but the basic items needed to make the QMT server ready to go is what I am thinking.

Thanks,

Scott