On 06/06/2010 11:04 AM, Scott Hughes wrote:

On 6/6/10 9:52 AM, Jake Vickers wrote:
On 06/06/2010 10:21 AM, Scott Hughes wrote:
All,

I am setting up a new QMT install on a testing box (laptop) to document the process and to become more familiar with the process. I notice that after loading QMTISO5 I am left at the root login prompt with seemingly a lot that is not configured (like host name, tcp.smtp, etc).

My question is this. In order to make these installs as simple as possible, is there a way (if it is not already there) to have a script that prompts the person doing a new setup for all of this information and puts it in the correct files for them?

I'm looking at the following page in the wiki as an example of the things that needs to be set (although some of it is out dated and no longer needed): http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/QMT-ISO_Manual_Guide#Installation

I realize you can't script everything simply because everyone sets their QMT server differently, but the basic items needed to make the QMT server ready to go is what I am thinking.

Thanks,

Scott

There's not an easy way to gather most of this data during the installation phase, since there is no keyboard input possible unless you code something to allow this (like the first boot setup does). I include some scripts to assist you with this once the initial installation is done, such as "set-dns" and "set-hostname".

Understood. Maybe something in qtp-menu since they are directed there after they log on? I'm not a coder, so I may be suggesting something that is way over-board.

Scott

If you'd like to see something added to "iso-help" then sure - I'd want to think about adding stuff to qtp-menu, since QTP is meant to help make administering your QMT server easier, not really help you set it up.
If you have some ideas, let's discuss on the devel list.
Thanks.