Andreas Galatis wrote:
After having deleted some Mails and the user accesses the concerned folder
via squirrelmail he gets a failure notice saying the imap-connection was
interrupted.
In the logs I see the error message saying time went back, therefore
dovecot was stopped.
The error message is false, time is not manipulated, I run ntpd on all
servers. So I tried stopping the "deleteoldmails" script and have no more
problems with the folders, neither with time going back.
Since I use dovecot, my client can easily show all messages in the Folder
and delete the oldest himself, through squirrelmail. With courier it was
too slow to see large amount of Mails.

Andreas

Please post/ask about this on the dovecot list. I'm interested to see what Timo has to say about it, and what the proper procedure would be.