On 09/25/2010 05:58 AM, Emmanuel Buamah wrote:
Hi,

I decided not to use heartbeat and ldirectord for the failover any more, due to the difficulties am facing. Right now, I used keepalived and it is fantastic. The only problem I have with it right now and will need help is that, when I take off the network cable from the master, the slave is able to detect that, the interface is down, takeover is not taking place.

You would probably get better answers on the keepalived email list or a forum - these questions really have nothing to do with Qmailtoaster or Qmail.