To: <qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 9:24 AM
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Re: Hello, problem with autentications

On 11/03/2010 01:44 AM, li...@raniero.net wrote:
Il 08/10/2010 14:33, Eric Shubert ha scritto:
li...@raniero.net wrote:
Il 05/10/2010 16:07, Eric Shubert ha scritto:
li...@raniero.net wrote:
Il 04/10/2010 17:39, Eric Shubert ha scritto:
li...@raniero.net wrote:
From few days my qmailtoaster installation (3 years old, 2
domain, about 600 mailbox) give two or three times at day the
request for the password for download the email.

Whit this error i recive this mail:

Monday, 4 October 2010 at 11:44: ERROR: I guess another mrtg is
running. A lockfile (/usr/share/toaster/mrtg/qmailmrtg.cfg_l) aged
376 seconds is hanging around. If you are sure that no other mrtg
is running you can remove the lockfile

there is no connection whit the mrtg error and the passowrd
request, they appened in different time.

This errors begin when i shutdown the server (a virtual machine)
and upgrade the ram from 1 to 2 giga.

Any idea ?

thanks a lot

Did you change the host or guest from 1 to 2 gig?
Which VM platform are you using?
Which Distro/versions, on both host and guest?

I've not change enything but the ram.

I use a linux centos 5.0 with qmail toaster, the vm run on esx
server 3.5 without the vmtools and tivoli backup installed.

this machine run fine from december 2007...

I suspect that you have a problem with timekeeping on your guest
machine. Please refer to
http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/VMware#Timekeeping and
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1006427&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&dialogID=23956052&stateId=1%200%2023952415

thank you for the answers. I reset the ram to 1 gb and all problem
automagically disappear...

In our job the witches exist :-)

I've experience some strange behavior, mostly performance related,
with different sizes of ram on VM guests. These have been i386 (not
64-bit) hosts and guests, on CPUs with no virtualization enhancements.

Just to be clear on your situation, did you change the ram:
.) only on the host machine
.) only on the guest machine
.) on both the host and guest
?

Hello, sorry for late.

I've just increase the memory on guest machine from 1 to 2 gb

when i reset the memory to only 1 gb the problems disappears

best regards

This appears to me to be a problem with ESXi memory management, that happens to show up with vpopmail/mysql (perhaps this is stating the obvious). I would google for memory management problems with ESXi and large guest memory, perhaps in conjunction with MySQL. I'm afraid this is outside the scope of QMT, but please keep us apprised of what you find out.