> On 11/12/2010 12:38 PM, Michael Colvin wrote:
> > OK…  So, I’ve got some clients that send mails out to affiliates of
> > theirs via rather large distribution lists. When at least one, maybe
> > more, of those addresses are bad, they get the “Sorry, can’t find a
> > valid MX for rcpt domain” bounce that, basically is bouncing the whole
> > message, so even the valid recipients don’t get the e-mail.
> >
> > I’ve searched the archives, particularly:
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/qmailtoaster-
> list%40qmailtoaster.com/msg27066.html,
> > and haven’t really found anything that helps…Unless I’m doing something
> > wrong…
> >
> > I’ve tried removing the references to CHKUSER_RCPT_MX in tcp.smtp, then
> > issued qmailctl cdb, same issue. I tried setting CHKUSER_RCPT_MX=””, and
> > CHKUSER_RCPT-MX=”0”… Nothing. Tried setting
> > CHKUSER_STARTING_VARIABLE=”NONE”…No change.
> >
> > I’ve read where the default CHKUSER config is to have these commented
> > out, but it appears that this isn’t the QMT default, per the linked
> > thread above.
> >
> > How do I go about commenting these out in CHKUSER’s config, and then
> > “Rebuild” QMT? I installed from the CentOS 5 ISO.
> >
> > I simply don’t want to check the MX for any e-mail on these particular
> > servers…I’d rather the client get bounces for those e-mails, so they can
> > clean up their lists.
> >

> http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Chkuser
> ;)
>
> --
> -Eric 'shubes'

Thanks Eric...Not sure how I missed that...I know I dug around on the Wiki
during my searches...

Tossing my .02 into the earlier thread that I linked too, I would agree with
your comment that these settings should be something that are "Enabled" in
tcp.smtp...  That would be more "User" friendly.

Another item for Jake's already full "to-do" list.  :-)

Thanks again, I'll give that a try and see if it resolves my issue...Looks
like it will.

Michael J. Colvin
NorCal Internet Services
www.norcalisp.com