Perhaps z-push would be a possible solution?

I installed z-push on my box. It will allow for push-mail if you treat it as an
Exchange account. (Will also work with iPhones).

Some useful information:

http://www.hoshuha.com/blog/dovecot-and-iphone-push.html

This information assumes that you use dovecot, though. Since I had replaced
courier with dovecot anyway, it was no real issue for me.

Generic information / Download of source code is here:

https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=8963

Cheers,

Martin

--