I'm working on patching chkuser 2.0.9 into the 2.x build and the current
stable build. Here is the code:

> /*
> * If you need more additional characters to be accepted within rcpt address
> * uncomment one of the following #define and edit the character value.
> * Be careful to use '*' (single hiphen) and NOT "*" (double hiphen)
> around the
> * wanted char.
> *
> * Remember: '#' and '+' are accepted by CHKUSER_ALLOW_RCPT_SRS
> *
> */
> /* #define CHKUSER_ALLOW_RCPT_CHAR_1 '$' */
> /* #define CHKUSER_ALLOW_RCPT_CHAR_2 '%' */
> /* #define CHKUSER_ALLOW_RCPT_CHAR_3 '£' */
> /* #define CHKUSER_ALLOW_RCPT_CHAR_4 '?' */
> /* #define CHKUSER_ALLOW_RCPT_CHAR_5 '*' */
> /* #define CHKUSER_ALLOW_RCPT_CHAR_6 '^' */
> /* #define CHKUSER_ALLOW_RCPT_CHAR_7 '~' */
> /* #define CHKUSER_ALLOW_RCPT_CHAR_8 '&' */ /* available for other
> characters */
> /* #define CHKUSER_ALLOW_RCPT_CHAR_9 '#' */ /* available for other
> characters */
> /* #define CHKUSER_ALLOW_RCPT_CHAR_10 '=' */ /* available for other
> characters */

So opening 1, 2, 4, and 5 seems like it would be sufficient, along with
the / character. Does anyone know of any other characters that would be
required or wish to investigate this? From the messages on the mailing
list it seems that Blackberry accounts are the ones that keep hitting this
issue, so hoping that someone has done some research on this already and
can let me know what other characters would be required to be allowed in
the code.
Thanks.