On 02/02/2011 12:27 AM, Amit wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I’m getting the below error while sending mail to 1 particular domain.

<Email id Protected> 220.225.40.101 failed on DATA command.

Remote host said: 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized

Mail to all other users are going properly.

*Amit Dalia**

*

$ host 220.225.40.101
101.40.225.220.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer maila.araiindia.com.
$ telnet maila.araiindia.com 25
Trying 220.225.40.101...
Connected to maila.araiindia.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 vega.araidc.local Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Wed, 2 Feb 2011 20:54:31 +0530
ehlo edwin.shubes.net
503 Bad sequence of commands
quit
221 2.0.0 Service closing transmission channel
Connection closed by foreign host.
$

I think I'd try to contact the admin at the destination site.