On 02/03/2011 04:34 AM, Bharath Chari wrote:
On 02/03/2011 01:57 PM, Amit wrote:
Hi Eric,

Even I checked from same from my some other QMT server but it is
giving same
error. Seems like Remote Server is not accepting EHLO command. But when I
try with HELO instead of EHLO command than Remote Server is responding
properly.

Don't know whether I'm correct or not but I think QMT should try to
connect
remote server using HELO hand shaking if EHLO hand shaking is not
working.

Amit Dalia

As you rightly pointed out, QMT should fall back to HELO, since the
receiving server is not disconnecting immediately after EHLO, as some
servers do.

However, the receiving server clearly advertises itself with ESMTP in
the text (incorrectly IMHO). Could this be the reason for the failure?

Bharath

That would be my thinking, but I admit that I'm not intimately familiar with the RFCs and protocol. This case would need some close examination to determine which end isn't following the rules. If it ends up that QMT has a problem, I'd be surprised, and eager to get it fixed. My guess is that the simplest fix will be communicating with the administrator of the receiving end to determine what exactly is wrong.