On 2/19/11 9:58 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
On 02/19/2011 08:27 AM, Scott Hughes wrote:
I am having a strange issue with using rpmforge. I have the rpmforge
repos in /etc/yum.repos.d and have downloaded some packages from
rpmforge, however now I cannot find packages that should be there.

The two packages that I need are FAIL2BAN and UNISON. Any ideas on why
yum is reporting that these packages do not exist?

Thanks,
Scott

qtp-install-rpmforge disables the repo by default. This is so that rf packages don't inadvertently replace CentOS base packages. Either use the --enablerepo=rpmforge flag, or edit the
/etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo file to enable the repo.

Steve, I noticed that rpmforge has reorganized packages a bit (I was looking for rsync 3.x, and it appears to have moved). Do I understand correctly that packages which are part of the base CentOS are now in the rpmforge-extras repo? If so, the rpmforge repo can be safely enabled by default, and I should change the qtp-install-rpmforge script accordingly. Thanks for your expertise. :)

Thanks much Eric! Adding that flag solved the problem and I was able to download both packages without issue.

Scott