On 03/02/2011 10:22 AM, Sergio M wrote:
Eric Shubert escribió:

You should see:
03-02 10:09:37 tcpserver: status: 0/25
right after you start qmail. If it doesn't drop to 0 when you start
it, then something's wrong. Please check the status message which
corresponds to the start of qmail. If it's not 0/25, please post
several lines before and after from your log.

I don't know about using htop to look for qmail processes. Perhaps
you've missed something. I would try:
# ps -ef | grep qmail
to see what processes are running that are qmail related, in place of
your step 4 above.

I'm sorry, its starts at 0/25 and then goes up straight to 25/25.
What's more annoying is that it just stays frozen for several minutes.
(ie from 10:22 to 10:26 in the excerpt that i posted earlier)

How long does it take to go from 0 to 25? Please post log.

Also, why do you have this set so low? Please post (again) your HW specs. You should be able to open things up a bit. Also, number of domains and users (# pop, # imap) would help. Using dovecot or courier? Also, how many spamd children do you have configured? I know these aren't directly related to your perceived problem, but these things could be influencing your dilemma.