On 03/11/2011 05:47 AM, Fred Richards wrote:
On 03/11/2011 05:41 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:

How did you create the domains? (I hope you didn't use vqadmin)

Actually, I did, but I don't know that is what caused the issue. I left
out a few details. I'm migrating a non-toaster qmail with almost 800
accounts and 70GB of email. I rsynced this over, created the two domains
(one main, one alias) and the alias was a new domain I registered. I
successfully sent myself some email, which landed in my Maildir. I then
wrote a command line script to add the ~800 user accounts, and "swapped"
the virtual users' email boxes. In other words, I took the rsynced copy
and placed it under /home/vpopmail/domains/domainA.com/$users/Maildir ...

I also made sure to fix the permissions. I'm planning on today doing
some diffs on the Maildirs to make sure everything looks right. Maildir
is Maildir, a qmailtoaster should be able to read the Maildir boxes from
another qmail, right?

Right.

There is a bug in vqadmin though which rears its ugly head when vqadmin is used to create domains. It appears to be ok for many things, but then the mail doesn't flow. I suspect that the problem lies in the database, but I'm not sure about that. You can use qcontrol in vqadmin's place if you need a GUI for adding domains, but I expect you'll simply want to use the /home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain (and vaddaliasdomain) command instead. That works well.

The bad news is that you're probably going to have to delete the domain and re-add it in order to fix things. However, I think if you: .) move your /home/vpopmail/domains/domainA.com directory aside again, .) delete the domain (I'd use vdeldomain command),
.) recreate the domain with vadddomain,
.) run your script to add accounts,
.) then move your domains/domainA.com directory back in place,
that should fix things up for you.

I'm sorry that vqadmin is in the state it's in. It's been a thorn for quite some time. It's rumored to work with the latest version of vpopmail, so when vpopmail gets updated, it might just work (it will be updated too of course). I hope to find some time to work on upgrading vpopmail/qmailadmin/vqadmin in the next few weeks. I know that's little consolation to you, but I expect others will be glad to hear this.