Am 30.04.2011 um 05:40 schrieb David Bray:

> Thanks for the Feedback
>
> Understand about the Fedora Lifetime etc. I use VM's and Fedora 13 is the
> current Fedora. Tried Ubuntu, CentOS and keep coming back to Fedora - mainly
> because the php is more up to date
>
> The driving line is not so much SA - SpamAssassin as Clam, on my last server
> - Fedora 12 based, there was an issue with spam and the update to SA 3.3 did
> get me into later rule sets (via sa-update)
>
> You can - in the Fedora 13 case, substitute in yum install spamassassin with
> little difficulty, basically install the package, it pulls in what it needs,
> then create the scripts to run under daemontools.
>
> The clamav is harder, but I have it running, though untested. The end aim is
> just to let the rpm system update clam, rather than having to recompile to
> src rpm
>
> so why is that so bad ?
>
> well the toaster works fine on a VM with 20Gb HDD and 512k ram .... but to
> recompile the clam package you have to stop the services to free up memory
> ... so having a recipe for utilizing then yum package is nice ...
>
> which brings you back to your argument, Fedora 13 will only have a short life
> for clamav updates via yum ....
>

> David Bray
> http://www.brayworth.com.au
> da...@brayworth.com.au

Not everything is perfect with QMT, I would agree, but at the same time: it
works! And as Eric pointed out, CentOS / RHEL 5.x is the most current version
of the recommended OS for QMT.
Jake is working on QMTv2 which will incorporate some changes and it will
actually address some of the things you mention (like an option to just install
binary packages instead of compile from source).
That being said, if you'd like to help with QMT, please join the
qmailtoaster-devel list as well!

Cheers,

Martin