On 09/24/2011 10:16 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
On 09/24/2011 06:01 AM, Jake Vickers wrote:

And for the record, I have forwarded copies of emails to a BB email
address for years. On the BB device, I just put the reply-to address as
the one on my QMT box. This usually allows emails to hit the phone
quicker than polling, since that is done at "random" times. Pushing
emails to the email address causes a push to the phone.

Imap IDLE eliminates the need for polling:
http://www.isode.com/whitepapers/imap-idle.html

IDLE works nicely with Dovecot. I don't know about Courier.

I also don't know if BB implements IDLE with their imap client or not.

Of course, the mail client needs to be active in order for IDLE to work.

IDLE works perfectly on my Android phone (and has been for a year or so), but the BB didn't appear to support it, Or at least, I got better results in pushing a copy to the device's email address.