This seems reasonable, and from what I've heard I'd expect it would work ok. If you'd like to piecemeal something together, there's nothing stopping you. The current stable QMT v1.3 is frozen though, due largely to resource constraints. Plus, I think it'd be better to release COS6 compatibility for everything all at once, to make for less confusion (and distractions).

Who knows? Jake may just surprise us one day with upgrades for COS6. Better yet, someone may just do the work their self and give Jake the srpm packages for posting on the site. I don't know of anything standing in the way of this.