hmm,
Ok, well I guess its about time I did something with this server since it has been set this way since the beginning 7yrs ago :)
I  have always noticed some performance issues related to our dns and mail.
So, I guess my first step would be to remove Bind and install powerdns or visa versa.
 Where do I go to setup the pwerdns?

Once I get it back up and running I will setup another host for my missing authoritative server.

Does this sound correct?