I've got a situation going on that an end user hits the tcp.smtp limit of
50. Their Norton AV pops up with error 571 Maximum number of recipients for
one session. So I'm assuming it's the tcp.smtp limit causing it. They use
POP3 to send, receive mail.

My questions are.
Q. What is considered a session. And what limits it. Is it time in minutes,
seconds or ?

A.

Q. Is it considered a session from the moment the Outlook client sends it's
first message of the day, and does it continue the session if you leave
Outlook open all day?

A.

I know I can up the CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50" but if I set it to 100 and the
end user sends 150 messages a day, does it still hit the per session limit?

If so then the answer would be to shut down Outlook before sending more than
50 or what ever number of messages. Right?

Any ideas you have are welcome.

Thanks.

Joel