On 7/18/2012 11:24 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:
Just for the record, using RPMs is the preferred method (instead of using CPAN), for several reasons that I don't think I need to expound. RPMs will be used in the 'official' version, so doing so now would be prudent.

I'm a little Johnny-come-lately on this, but I've been referring people to my own CentOS 6 install script located on mirror4.qmailtoaster.com -- QMT-CentOS6.sh. Also, I have a "patched" clamav package -- unlike Eric's more noble intentions, I cheat & manually set the "fuzz factor" back to 2 in the spec file :-)
What can I say... I'm a lazy programmer!

The only issue I've had so far with this install script are 2 things:
1) You need to fix the default CentOS 6 php.ini file to enable short open tags (they're all over the qmailadmin web pages!) Just create or change the line in /etc/php.ini to read "short_open_tag = On" 2) You need to fix (replace) the CLAMAV installation package... there is a "toaster patch" that doesn't quite match the line numbers specified... the issue has been around for a while, but the patch utility in CentOS 5 had a default FUZZ FACTOR of 2, and that changed to a default FUZZ FACTOR of 0 with CentOS 6 (that's a RedHat decision, not a CentOS one!) which breaks the build. You can download a modified FUZZ factor src rpm also from the mirror that I host (mirror4.qmailtoaster.com)... it's in the ClamAV-for-CentOS folder.

NOTE: Even though I AM on the development team for QMT, these 2 files are NOT officially sanctioned by the QMT team (at least not yet). Thus, you must access MY mirror site to get these special files -- to my knowledge, none of the other mirrors have these files.

Finally, if you use either and have an issue, please let me know off-list (e.g.: e-mail q...@it4soho.com, NOT the list address) and I'll address the issue ASAP.

Thanks,

Dan McAllister
QMT DNS/Mirror Admin