I've got a few domains on a REAL old qmail/vpopmail server setup on FreeBSD,
and want to move some of them to my newest qmail toaster box.
the old system has all the domains in a single MySQL table called 'vpopmail'.
Doing a mysql select statement is trivial to extract out domain by domain, but
I'm wondering about passwords..
on the old server, passwords are 13 characters; similar to r;8U.kVPtX9oR
(changed a few characters around in this post).  On the new, qmailtoaster
server, passwords are sometimes in $1$.... format, and sometimes in that 13
character format.

Old vpopmail is 5.0, new is 5.4.33

Does anyone know if I can just manually import the data into the new database,
and have the passwords just work?

Also, after creating the domain on the new server, is it ok to create accounts
by just putting them in the database, and making the directories, or does
something else need to be updated as well?