On 05/24/2013 07:11 PM, Cecil Yother, Jr. wrote:
Have you tried to resolve the server in question using dig?  Is there a
chance something else is going on?  I would trust your skill with your
server before I was told by somebody unfamiliar with your system that
you must clear your cache.  You may have a totally unrelated problem.

Good point.

I assumed that since the other admin suggested it that the target server had recently moved, and their DNS changed. If that wasn't the case, then clearing your cache would probably do little good. You should have verified the IP which your server was getting vs what the other admin said it should be. Again, I assumed that was done. Perhaps I should quit assuming so much! ;)