On 05/26/2013 03:06 PM, Dan McAllister wrote:
So that's enough for one day... in summary:
  1) I stand by my assertions that a) QMAIL doesn't DO DNS, it USES DNS;
b) you don't HAVE to run your own DNS resolver, but you should; and c)
DNS issues are not QMT issues -- each admin will likely have their own
DNS infrastructure suitable for their own situation.

I don't think there's ever been any disagreement here.

  2) I don't agree that authoritative DNS and other services need to be
on separate machines...

I don't recall anyone saying that this is a need.

in fact, I disagree that that is even a "best
practice" anymore!

We can agree to disagree on this point. I don't think it's worth much discussion.

  3) QMT and vpopmail are fully compatible with newer PHP versions, and
with CentOS 6... What will happen with RHEL 7 (due out in 2nd half of
2013 or 1st half of 2014) is yet to be seen. (Will QMT officially
support RHEL 6 before the release of RHEL 7???)

I hope to have the official QMT packages for COS6 available by the 4th of July, one way or another. That might just be possible given all the work Dan and others have already put into it.

Thanks.