Il 16/10/2013 21:46, Eric Shubert ha scritto:
I would normally answer pdns, because it's local. I'm not aware of any drawbacks to using pdns-recursor.

Is pdns running?
# chkconfig --list pdns-recursor
# service pdns status

Are you seeing any pdns errors in the log?
# grep pdns /var/log/messages | less

Regarding your error, I've seen this historically with QMT on rare occasions, and haven't been able to recreate the condition with any consistency. I haven't seen it personally in quite a while.

Are you using port 587 or 25 for these submissions? Are you seeing any corresponding log messages? (please post them if you can)

How busy is your QMT host when this happens? Might this be related to load?

I wonder if there's something a little quirky with chkuser's code, given that the message is coming from chkuser. That's a long shot. You might try building qmail-toaster with CHKUSER_RCPT_MX disabled (I don't think it's possible to do with environment variable). Please give this a try and see if that fixes things up for you.

This setting should probably be disabled in the stock QMT anyhow, as it makes little sense. On inbound messages, the RCPT_MX has already been found (otherwise no connection could be made), and on outbound messages, a missing MX would simply create a bounce back to the submitter, and thus eliminate the question of which recipient the error was for.

Tonino, what say you about this? We appreciate your input.

Hello Eric,

that part of chkuser code is well working and stable, and I do not see code problems; that error code means simply DNS is not answering.

I've not understood:

 * if problem is on sender or recipient (to know which domains have
   problems).
 * if error is immediate or delayed (to know if there are DNS loops on
   local domain or external domains)

About disabling chkuser, I'd try:

   Enable (uncomment) the following define, and set it to 'RELAYCLIENT'.

       #define CHKUSER_DISABLE_VARIABLE "RELAYCLIENT"

So, if RELAYCLIENT is set, chkuser should not work at all for that session.

Regards,

Tonino

Another thing, is there an entry in /etc/hosts which would correspond to one of your rcpthosts domains? I can imagine that causing a problem.

        Inter@zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      to...@interazioni.it