On 12/01/2013 11:37 PM, Pak Ogah wrote:
On 11/29/2013 11:32 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:

Untitled

That's neat.

I wouldn't consider it a practical change for the base QMT though, as
it's not generic enough. For example, how would it be implemented with
an LDAP backend? I hope to have an LDAP option for vpopmail when we
upgrade to vpopmail v5.5.

I don't know about vpopmail with LDAP backend but currently Samba4 has
Active Directory Support with it's own LDAP engine (no longer requeires
OpenLDAP).
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba
And the best thing with Samba's Active Directory that it can be managed
with Windows Remote Administration Tools (the same tool that you get on
Win2000/2003/2008 server to manage Users, Groups, Computers)

so what I do now is, using MySQL Triggers to insert a record table
user_access.dc_notify every time qmailadmin / vpopmail changes table
vpopmail.holding_com
then a cron script read table user_access.dc_notify and do actions
Samba4's DC/ADS either creating new user, remove user or change the
password

I have test it internally, and I can have user's PC (WinXP on vm) logon
to Samba4's DC/ADS,
Ms outlook can have address book of all email accounts @holding.com,
And with Active directory that contain user/pass I can have appliances
(such as Proxy, VPN ) and applications (web, desktop, mobile) to check
credentials against it.

I know is not that simple, but currently this is the only way I know, to
provide LDAP/Active Directory support to my network with
username/password that same with email account.
I don't know when QMT v2.0 will be launch with Dovecot, vpopmail5.5 with
LDAP, mailman and so on. but I do hope the new version is still
compatible with old version or at least have migration path

or even great that I can choose what module or configuration applied to
my old QMT box.
because these configuration requires vpopmail with mysql support, and
each domain on each table, and clear-text-password

ps:
1. I also have mysql table that contains email's user and md5'ed
clear-text-password for old application that do not have ability /
plugin /module to check into DC/ADS
2. And they said, Samba4 is not compatible/suggested/recommended with
OpenLDAP http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDAP_Backend
3. does other QMT's corporate / business users still need Active
directory? if so I may share my script/configuration

Thanks for your work on this Pak. I'll keep this in mind going forward, but I'm not making any guarantees at this point. This is something we should hash out on the devel list.

FWIW, I expect QMT v2.0 to be launched very soon. The other things are quite distant.