FYI,

Outlook by default is in " Idle Mode "
you can change the settings to auto check email every x-minutes, change x to as may as you want, 5, 10 , etc

On 1/10/2014 8:19 PM, Linux wrote:
Eric,
It auto sync my Outlook with mail server.
It may the dovecot logs normal, but I am facing this issue from last 20
days. And it's really frustrating for everyone. All of my users call me
daily and ask for fix this.

Regards,

Vivek Patil
system admin

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Shubert [mailto:e...@shubes.net]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 9:44 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Re: Outlook goes offline in every 10 min

How often is Outlook configured to check for email?

Is Outlook configured to use IDLE? I don't recall if Outlook can use
this capability or not.

Is there some reason you think this is a problem? I see disconnect
messages in my dovecot log too, and have presumed that they're normal.

Anyone else have insight on this?