On 01/13/2014 09:48 AM, Johannes Weberhofer wrote:
Am 13.01.2014 17:12, schrieb Eric Shubert:
On 01/12/2014 09:52 PM, Linux wrote:
/etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-imap.conf
mail_max_userip_connections: is commented

.conf files in conf.d are for reference only, and are not active.

Add a mail_max_userip_connections parameter to your
/etc/dovecot/local.conf file with an appropriate value for your
installation.

Dear Eric, is this qmailtoaster specific?

In default dovecot2 installations the /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf contains
those two lines
!include conf.d/*.conf
!include_try local.conf
which includes all configurations from the mentioned files.

Best regards,
Johannes

Yes. The default /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf file in the .qt. package is:
https://github.com/QMailToaster/dovecot/blob/master/dovecot.conf

I think this is simpler than weeding through all of the conf.d files. I wanted to leave the conf.d files for documentation purposes though, which I believe is the intention in the default dovecot2 installations.

QMT configurations are a bit up in the air at this point. We realize that rpms aren't well suited for maintaining configurations, and intend to use something along the lines of chef to maintain configurations in the future.

We also hope to utilize upstream packaging as much as possible (more so) going forward. Unfortunately, the default dovecot build doesn't include vpopmail, so we need to build our own until such time as QMT can use something more conventional (such as ldap). It may be possible to use the mysql database verification for dovecot, but nobody's done that configuration up to this point. I'd be happy to see someone do this.

Even if this were done though, I expect that we might want to continue providing our own build of dovecot, as the default packages don't appear to be very up to date. An alternative repo (such as repoforge-extras or epel) might be suitable at some point though.

Thanks.