On 03/13/2014 02:39 PM, Finn Buhelt wrote:
Hi.

I just issued a yum update and got clamav.x86_64-0.98.1-1.el6 from Epel
repository installed. (I pressed 'y' not thinking).

It is on my Centos 6.5 latest and greatest qmailtoaster test
installation (which is (was)  running just fine).

So now I'm stuck with no clamd running ( my  clamd/run and log/run files
are gone and some other changes in locations of files) and I'm not able
to re-install the proper clamav package from the almost current ;-)
Centos6.5 release - what is the name of the package ? or what can I do
to rectify the problem ?

Regards

Finn

Ouch! I wasn't aware that epel had a clamav package, or any other which would conflict with the QTP repo.

I would have thought that the qtp repo, having priority, would have kept this from happening. That was the intention of using the priorities plugin anywise. Do you have yum-plugin-priorities installed, and do the QTP repos have a value specified?

To get you out of the fire short term, I'd remove clamav, disable epel, then install clamav again, making sure it picks up the .qt. package.

Let us know your situation. We'll do some yum adjusting if needed. Adding epel was an afterthought which may need some more thinking.