LOL - knowing the plaintext password doesn't help you prevent the issue... but it did let me know the level of stupidity of the user in question! :)

A throttle on qmail-remote (based on user) would be awesome (think: godaddy allows email users only 250 messages a day without a "reset" being required).

I also posted a note in the devel list -- I think we should at least TRY to plug the security hole wherein an authenticated user can send as anyone.

Dan