Eric Shubert wrote:
> You probably should also change the listen_port so you're not using
> standard ports at all. Same rationale as not using ssh on port 22. I
> generally don't believe in security by obscurity, but at least it keeps
> the script kiddies at bay.

Sadly, not for long. I get periodic attempts to ssh into my box on the
alternative port I chose for it.

Of course, for every one I see on [otherport], there are probably a
million script kiddies failing to connect on 22 and going away.

One of the reasons I like fail2ban is that it implements "security by
obscenity" -- they try something and it tells them to f*ck off. ;-)

Angus